Claims Equilibrium Club Limited is referred to as “we” / “us” / “our” throughout this document. We are committed to protecting your right to privacy, as a current user of our services or as a potential new client. Please read the information contained in this Privacy Notice to gain a thorough understanding of how we use, manage and protect the information you provide.
Information about Us
Claims Equilibrium Club Limited (CEC) a private company limited by shares incorporated in Scotland with registered number SC369178 whose registered office is at 9 Blairtummock Place, Glasgow G33 4EN.
Why Do We Collect Information?
During your day to day dealings with us, we may ask you to provide details about yourself and the company you work for. We collect this information in the following situations:
- If you or the company you work for make an enquiry about the service we provide.
- If you or the company you work for decide to enter into a contract with us.
- If you contact us via our website and enter your details via the ‘contact us’ section.
- If you or the company you work for contact us to sign up for our products, training or a webinar sessions.
- If you or the company you work for sign up to receive marketing information from us.
As well as collecting information from you directly, we may also need to obtain data regarding the company you work for or from other public sources that are available to us.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We will only use the information obtained to provide the services which you or your employers asks us to provide. To clarify, any information collected by us will be used for the following reasons:
- Communicate with you or the company you work for via emails or telephone calls.
- To provide full details of any conference calls or webinar sessions requested by you.
- To provide marketing materials regarding product developments or service improvements we introduce.
- To offer other information which we think might be of interest to you or the company you work for.
Our use of your data is limited to that which is reasonably required in order to provide our services and to make improvements that benefit both us, you and the company you work for. We do not use your personal data for any reasons not stated in this Privacy Notice and we never use it in an excessive way or in a way that conflicts with our aims of providing and improving the services.
Will Your Information Be Shared?
We only store your personal data in the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the GDPR.
When you or the company you work for enter into a contract with us, we may share your information with loss adjusters or any other expert claims providers acting on our or your behalf, where they are directly involved in the provision of claims assistance services.
We may also share your data with other parties including our IT providers, sub-contractors and/or other professional advisers. Please note that these parties are only authorised to use your data for the purposes that we specify to them.
On What Basis Is Information Processed?
In the vast majority of cases, the processing we undertake is necessary to fulfil the contract you or the company you work for have committed to or a contract that is being considered.
In some instances, the processing will be necessary for us to pursue a legitimate interest such as situations where we want to provide information that may interest, or to give you details of other services which may be of benefit.
Where you or the company you work for does not have a contract with us, we will only send you information about products and services offered by us, if you have provided your consent.
Your consent will be relied upon as the legal basis for processing personal data in these circumstances. You can of course stop us from contacting you at any time for marketing purposes by unsubscribing from any of our email submissions to you.
What Rights Exist For A Data Subject?
If you wish to make a Subject Access Request, please do so in writing and send your request by email or postal address as shown in the Contact Us section of this Privacy Notice. Please clearly mark your correspondence as “Subject Access Request”.
We will respond to you within 1 month of receiving the request. If, however there are any reason that this process will take longer than 1 month, we will of course inform you.
Individual data subjects have the following rights under GDPR and we confirm that we will always work to uphold them:
- The right to access the data we hold about you.
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data.
- The right to access your personal data by means of a Subject Access Request.
- The right to have your personal data corrected if any of the information held is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to delete your personal data (also known as the right to be forgotten). You can exercise this right by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The right for you to object or restrict the processing the data we hold about you.
- The right to request the transfer of personal to another organisation
For data protection queries, please contact:
Head of Operations, Claims Equilibrium Club Limited, 9 Blairtummock Place, Glasgow, G33 4EN
Telephone number: 0141 781 4695
Our data retention period is determined by the nature of the data we hold or the potential harm that could be caused by its unauthorised use or disclosure.
We will retain your personal data for a period of 7 years or another period that might be required in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
If you request that your data is deleted from our records, we will complete the deletion process immediately when a request is received.
Privacy Notice Changes
We may change our Privacy Notice from time to time.
This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data.
Any changes will be notified by us via our website which will confirm once any changes have been made. Our Privacy Notice will be reviewed annually and the date of the current version is 25 May 2018.